Performing arts education to the tune of Excellence, Enrichment, and Equity
The impact of a Wharton Arts education influences a student’s engagement and performance in school, work, and beyond. Students at Wharton Arts gain creative and cognitive skills and an outlet for self-expression, within a community that fosters their growth.
Wharton Arts is committed to fostering an inclusive and supportive community, where neurodivergent students are welcomed, nurtured, and valued. We expect every member of our organization to wholeheartedly embrace and celebrate each individual’s unique learning style and gifts.
Wharton Arts is New Jersey’s largest independent non-profit performing arts education center serving nearly 2,000 students.
We are comprised of 4 core programs: the Performing Arts School, New Jersey Youth Symphony, Paterson Music Project, and New Jersey Youth Chorus. Our programs include private lessons and group classes, high-level ensembles and educational experiences, and exceptional performance opportunities for students of all levels, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
We put words to action for our students and community through our mission and vision.
To offer accessible, high quality performing arts education that sparks personal growth and builds inclusive communities.
Transformative performing arts education in an inclusive community is accessible to everyone.
Wharton Arts is so grateful for the generous community partners who have helped us bring the joy of music to our singers, performers, and music lovers of all ages.
- Bedrosian Industries
- Bloomberg Philanthropies
- Blue Onyx Companies
- Clar Fine Violin
- D’Addario Foundation
- E. J. Grassmann Trust
- Find Your Light Foundation
- Frank & Lydia Bergen Foundation
- George A. Ohl, Jr. Trust
- Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation
- Goldman Sachs
- HEART Grant from the Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders
- Henry S. and Agnes M. Truzack Foundation
- Hyde and Watson Foundation
- Impact 100 Garden State
- Investors Foundation, Inc
- League of American Orchestras
- Longstreet Development Corp
- Margaret and Marshall Bartlett Family Foundation
- McCarter & English, LLP
- Merrill G. and Emita E. Hastings Foundation
- National Endowment for the Arts
- New Jersey Community Development Corporation
- New Jersey State Council on the Arts
- New Music USA
- Nokia Bell Labs
- Otterstedt Insurance Agency
- Park Avenue Foundation Inc
- Passaic County Cultural and Heritage Council
- Peapack Private Wealth Management
- Pixley Hill Foundation
- PKF O’Connor Davies, LLP
- Plastic Surgery Center at Summit Health
- PSEG Foundation
- Timothy McCollum Family Foundation
- Turrell Fund
- Union Foundation
- Westmount Country Club