March 12, 2020
Dear PMP Students and Parents,
In order to protect our students and staff in light of the latest developments regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus, Paterson Music Project will suspend regularly scheduled classes for the next two weeks starting March 16, 2020. As of now, classes will resume the week of March 30, 2020. Below are some details on why we made this decision, and the alternate programing that we will implement during the break.
Why PMP Made this Decision:
As an ensemble based, and non-essential extracurricular program, we have made this decision for a number of reasons:
- to avoid gathering students in large groups
- to avoid the spread of germs through sharing of instruments, or tuning of instruments (especially wind and brass instruments)
- to avoid the bussing and mixing of students from different schools
PMP Will Implement Alternate Programming:
PMP will offer the option of 30-minute semi-private lessons to students free of charge over the next two weeks at the PMP office. The schedule is subject to change given any new developments with the virus. See details below:
- As a PMP student, am I obligated to take lessons during the break?
No, only students who would like to take lessons can sign up.
- When and where will lessons take place?
At the PMP Office, 8 Mill Street, Paterson from 3:30-7:00pm, Monday – Thursday. Transportation will not be provided.
- How do I sign up to take lessons during the break?
Follow the link in the email sent to your parents.
- Do I have to pay extra for lessons?
No, lessons will be free of charge during the break.
- How many students will be in a classroom at a time? How many students will be at the office at a time?
Teachers will teach up to 2 students at a time. There will only be 3 lessons (or 6 students) at a time at the PMP office.
We will follow the latest developments from the Paterson Public Schools and the CDC and keep you updated if there are any changes to this schedule. Please stay safe and healthy. If you have any questions, please reach out to our staff. DOWNLOAD THIS MESSAGE.
The Paterson Music Project Team