Paterson Music Project runs out of the Community Charter School of Paterson (CCSP), 75 Spruce St, Paterson NJ. The program began in January 2013 with 30 second graders and has rapidly expanded, serving over 100 students grades 1-4. PMP recently opened a new “Pre-Orchestra” Program at CCSP which serves 40 first and second graders. These students meet once a week for a preparatory program which feeds into the full instrumental program in third grade. Pre-Orchestra Students sing, participate in paper orchestra, play recorder and buckets.
PMP Students at CCSP
• Participate in six hours of after-school group music instruction and ensemble practice
• Are taught by loving and caring teaching artists
• Learn general music skills, solfege, and music history in addition to instrument instruction
• Perform frequently for school, family, and community
• Participate in frequent workshops and attend performances by special guest artists
For more information about CCSP visit www.ccps.org